Admissions 2018 (Open)
For detailed 16 weeks course structure Fab Academy global web page – http://fabacademy.org/about/diploma/
- Scholarship based – 5 – Payable fees 750 USD
- Non-Scholarship based – 1 – Payable fees 5000 USD
APPLICATION PROCESS: This is 3 Stage application process.
- Apply for Stage 1 here: http://bit.ly/FabAcademy2018
- FabLab CEPT will review applications and will shortlist the applications for the stage 2
- Announcement on 15th September, submission deadline is 9th October
- Shortlisted candidate will have to submit final project proposal by stage 2 online form
- FabLab CEPT will review project proposals and will shortlist for the next stage
- Announcement on 13th October, submission deadline is 22nd October
- Based on final project proposals, selected candidate will be interviewed
- Final list of students will be announced
- Interviews will happen on 26th, 27th, and 28th of October
Read the application forms carefully while applying. For any query write us at email@example.com
FEES AND SCHOLARSHIP:
Full fees for Fab Academy course is 5000 USD per student. FabLab CEPT offers the scholarship worth 4250 USD per student.
Following are our selection criteria and weightage in percentage:
- Past experience of Making. (20%)
Working with any machine OR developing a product to prototyping level.
- Proposal for Final Project. (60%)
This is an idea level proposal. A project does not have to be completely resolved and doable from the day one. However, the idea has to be striking and authentic/original. One can even think of building upon any existing product/project. In this case, one needs to state clearly what the value added to the existing version is.
- Time commitment during the course (10%)
The number of hours you can spend to work on weekly assignments. Be realistic about it based on your existing commitments and engagements. Any delay in weekly submission for whatever reason can lead you to a huge backlog towards the end of the course and hence delay your final project and graduation.
- Future plans as maker in FabLab CEPT (10%)
Does one see long time association to FabLab CEPT to create a maker community in Ahmedabad? Your ambition to be an active member of Fab Network through FabLab CEPT.
TERMS AND CONDITION:
- There are global course rules and regulation by Fab Foundation, but FabLab CEPT reserves rights to add local rules and regulations in order to utilize resources effectively and perform efficiently. The selected candidate will abide by FabLab CEPT rules and regulations.
- Final project proposal holds high weightage in the selection process at stage and scholarship offered, therefore, it cannot be changed any time after joining the course. Alteration and modifications will be part of design build process within the frame of core idea proposed.
- More than 3 weeks backlog will not be allowed. In such case, admissions will be terminated. Students will be warned time to time by the instructor at the weekly backlog.
- Local evaluation criteria set by Fab Academy will be strictly followed at FabLab CEPT. One who fails to perform up to the required standards will not be allowed to participate in a global review. A committee of instructors and management will jointly be made this decision.
- The final project has to be programmed every week, the progress report will be maintained by the instructor.