FabLab CEPT is recognized as Node fablab, and runs Fab Academy diploma course from 2014.
- Scholarship based - 5 - Payable fees 1000 USD
- Non Scholarship based - 1 - Payable fees 5000 USD
APPLICATION PROCESS: Fab academy admission is 3 stages process.
- Apply for Stage 1 here : http://bit.ly/FabAcademy2019CEPT
- FabLab CEPT will review applications and will shortlist the candidates for stage 2
- Applications for stage 1 will be start from 1st August, and submission deadline is 15th September, 2018
- Shortlisted candidate will have to submit final project proposal as stage 2 application form
- FabLab CEPT will review project proposals and will shortlist for the interviews
- Applications for stage 2 will start from 19th September, and submission deadline is 3rd October
- Based on final project proposals, selected candidate will be interviewed
- Shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews.
- Interviews will happen on 22nd, 23rd and 24th of October
Read the application forms carefully while applying. For any query write us at email@example.com
FEES AND SCHOLARSHIP:
Full fees for Fab Academy course is 5000 USD per student. FabLab CEPT offers 5 scholarship based seats and 1 full fees seat.
Following are our selection criteria and weightage in percentage :
- Past experience of Making. (20%)
Working with any machine OR developing a product to prototyping level.
- Proposal for Final project. (60%)
This is an idea level proposal. Project does not have to be completely resolved and doable from the day one. However the idea has to be striking and authentic/original. One can even think of building upon any existing product/project. In this case one needs to state clearly what is the value addition to the existing version.
- Time commitment during the course (10%)
Number of hours you can spend to work on weekly assignments. Be realistic about it based on your existing commitments and engagements. Any delay in weekly submission for whatever reason can lead you to a huge backlog towards the end of the course and hence delay your final project and graduation.
- Future plans as maker in FabLab CEPT (10%)
Does one see long time association to FabLab CEPT to create a maker community in Ahmedabad. Your ambition to be active member of Fab Network through FabLab CEPT.
TERMS AND CONDITION:
- There are global course rules and regulation by Fab Foundation, but FabLab CEPT reserves rights to operate with local rules and regulations in order to utilize resources effectively and perform efficiently. Selected candidate will be abide by FabLab CEPT rules and regulations.
- Final project proposal holds high weightage in the selection process at stage and scholarship offered therefore, it can not be changed anytime after joining course. Alteration and modifications will be part of design build process within the frame of core idea proposed.
- More than 3 weeks backlog will not be allowed. In such case admission will be terminated. Students will be warned time to time by instructor at weekly backlog.
- Local evaluation criteria set by Fab Academy will be strictly followed at FabLab CEPT. One who fails to perform up to the required standards will not be allowed to participate in global review. A committee of instructors and management will jointly made this decision.
- Final project has to be programmed every week, progress report will be maintained by instructor.
- 6. In case of dropout and reappearance in next cycle evaluation, will happen through local lab only including procedure for fees payment. Amount of reappearance fees will be specified by local lab as fees structure changes time to time.